Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Still Life, Apples


Three apples 3, originally uploaded by celerytart.

So, yesterday I did a sketch in "red violet" crayon of these three apples i set up in a bowl. Then today, I painted them :oD It went well; I am pretty satisfied with the outcome. It is definitely stylized, and looks unfinished but I like it that way. Sometimes I wonder if I should push myself to fill all the space, but I worry that I will ruin what I have because I like what I have so much. Hmm..

At first I was a little hesitant to start painting again. I haven't done much of it in a few years. I've dabbled here and there, but my technique had gotten very rusty. So I decided to start with a small still life to see if I could refocus my eye. And it seems to have worked! I remembered what I had learned in the past and this is what resulted. I still need to work more, the more I practice the better I will get. Maybe then I won't be so afraid to take a chance with my pictures.

The quality of this photo isn't so great. The colors don't show up so well, they all look a little yellowed, but I might be able to scan it at my sister's place in a few days!

It feels good to be creating again and writing again. Painting and drawing, when I really focus, have been a little bit like riding a bike. You never forget, though it may be a bit rocky at first. :o)

I hope you enjoyed! Have a great day!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

arriba! arriba! Muy fabulosa!!! Mi hermana esta muy especiosa!!